GRAMVOUSA – BALOS DAY CRUISE TAKES PLACE EVERY DAY
- 07:30-09:35 Departure from Chania
- 10:00 arrival to Kissamos port
- 10:40 departure from the port
- 11:20 arrival at Gramvousa island
- 13:30 departure from Gramvousa island to Balos
- 13:50 arrival to Balos lagoon
- 16:30 departure from Balos
- 17:45 arrival to Kissamos port
- 18:30-19:00 arrival to Chania
* the program may be changed . Always check with the guide.
The island of Imeri Gramvousa is located 20Km northwest of Kissamos, opposite the imposing Cape of Gramvousa and 2 miles northwest of the famous lagoon of Balos. Gramvousa is famous for its historical Venetian fortress, which still stands at the high of 137m, over the beach. The fort had also been used by pirates; one legend tells that there is a great treasure buried in the island. Also, the old wreck that was abandoned many years ago near the beach, has become an characteristic part of landscape.
A great trip for any Chania visitor is the mini-cruise to Gramvousa and Balos!
On board and throughout the journey, you can enjoy your meal in the self-service restaurants of the ship, where traditional Cretan dishes are being offered, or at the ship’s bar.
Things you need to take with you:
– Comfortable clothes & shoes for a sea trip, walking shoes, (and hiking shoes if you decide to climb the Gramvousa Castle) (20 min).
– Beach equipment.
Approximately 10 hours.
Prices per person:
21,00€ transfer + 19,00€ boat ticket + 1,00€ Municipality Fee
TOTAL AMOUNT PER ADULT 41,00€
TOTAL AMOUNT PER CHILD 20,00€
Chania – Kissamos (Kasteli): 60 km.